Good morning world of miracles. Good morning to each of you miracles in the world – wow! Life and the miraculous energy that surrounds and protects us is good.
This Miracle Monday: The “Dorothy” Effect
Last night I watched the last thirty minutes of the classic The Wizard of Oz and was once again captured by this movie based on the book by L. Frank Baum. Fascinating and Fantastic! I have watched Dorothy, toto, tin man, the lion and the scarecrow since I was a little girl at different intervals of my life and loved it. But, last night the deeper meaning of the story finally crystallized for me: You can have anything you desire when you have the heart, courage and mind to look within.
How profound! It is profound to see a movie, set in the late 1930’s, telling us “there is no place like home” within our inner being and belief. There is no place like the homestead of knowledge, a heartfelt belief and the courage to follow your own “yellow brick road” of success. What behaviorist, including me, have been saying is that there is no “secret” to success, it is laid out in front of you.
Let us review your success yellow brick road:
- Vision – clearly see your land of Oz where your visions and dreams to come true. See everything in vivid natural color, feel the excitement of achievement, and bask in the celebration of getting what you want or getting to where you want to be. Begin with the end in mind as says Stephen Covey.
- Action – follow the yellow brick road. Take a step, then another, then another…pick up the pace. Do something every day that move you forward and accelerates you toward each success marker you have set.
- Watch – be on guard for “wicked witch” obstacles that will come your way. Keep your focus and stay on the road. Look for danger, step over pitfalls, detour past doubt, face the fears and dance your way to victory. Never give up, don’t stray off your destined path.
- Enroll – accept help. Enroll a mentor and get a team of true supporters you will guide your power. This is important to keep faith in your inner power and have devoted supporters who have the heart, knowledge and courage to stand with and for you.
- Acknowledge – be grateful each moment for every person and circumstance that comes to you. Be mindful of thankfulness and pulsate gratitude. Attract what you rightly deserve and desire, give magnanimously and expect graciously. Share.
Dorothy knew there is no place like the home of love, knowledge and courage within yourself and now so do you.
Click your success heels together three times and repeat after me: There is no place like home, there is no place like home, there is no place like home.