Joy is what happens when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are. ~ Marianne Williamson
Happiness is synonymous with joy. Having an inner exuberance is a definite happiness helper. Life happens, so sometimes there may be moments that it is more difficult to recognize “good” in your life. That’s okay, there is still a reservoir of internal happiness for you to dip into that will quickly restore your joy. Then there may be times it takes more effort and longer lapses before you can return to your inner pool of happiness, this is okay too. But, if you find that you are feeling that your happiness is waning to a distant point and you are staying away from feeling the “good” for more and more days, it is time for intervention. Your intervention may mean that you talk with your doctor about the longer days of feeling blue or it may mean getting help in other forms.
Get over the what if happiness destroyers: what if I had done X, what if I had said Y, what if I had gone Z—what if you are happy and at rest with joy for being who you are? What if that!
You can be happy. You should be happy. Be happy. Use these 3 happiness helps to fill up your joy pool and dip in it often:
- Know truth, rather than worry about vain imaginings. I agree with Epictetus. He said,”Men are disturbed not by the things that happen, but by their opinion of the things that happen.” Your opinion can instantly shift from worry to happiness when you acknowledge the truth. Rather than speculate or ruminate over distresses, work on validating the truth that measures your joy. It is not the event that is causing your pain, it is your projected, often wrong, opinion that creates the scaring. Be truthful with yourself first and then take appropriate active steps to remedy a misstep if that moves you back to your joy reservoir. Look for evidence of joy, it’s there. Joy surrounds you.
- Restore positive beliefs. Many times our beliefs get distorted by adopting the perspectives of other people. But, the pivotal question for inner joy is to ask: What do I believe? This happiness helper requires you to state what you know to be true. When you find yourself doubting or pooling in negativity, pause right then and examine what you are thinking. Challenge the accuracy of your less than positive mental conversation and restructure those mental moments with honest positive belief. This world is not crumbling, you are a part of the axis of its positive spin.
- Float, let negativity pass you by. Wave off scorn, snub gossip, draw away from criticism, move beyond damaging thoughts. You have too much joy to allow negativity to attach to your mind and heart. This happiness helper gives you the social and mental spirit of discernment; you know with an inner instinct that this does not agree with who you are and the happiness you feel and spread to others. Shun negativity, keep your happiness glasses on. Be happy.
You control your happiness. Bathe in the secret of inner happiness that covers all things. Be mindful of your birthright, you were born to live as a joyful and happy being.
The Depression Cure: The Six Step Program to Beat Depression Without Drugs, Stephen S. Ilardi
Climb Every Obstacle: Eliminate Your Limits!, Anita Jefferson
- Changing how you think will change how you feel for the better (thinkingroomcoach.wordpress.com)
- Day 28-Happiness is … a little train & a little lie (365waystobehappy.wordpress.com)
- Being Alive (selfawarenessforchange.wordpress.com)
- How To Take Control of Your Happiness? (thetruthwarrior.wordpress.com)
- Finding Joy (patticlark.wordpress.com)