According to the GEICO camel, it’s Hump Day. Love that commercial, the camel is strutting through an office, asking workers do they know what day it is and then telling them with emphasis and rhythmic enthusiasm that Wednesday is hump day.
The Urban Dictionary denotes hump day as “the middle of a work week (Wednesday); used in the context of climbing a proverbial hill to get through a tough week.” You too can get your hump day rhythm today in spite of how many obstacles you’ve side stepped the past two days.
Hump Day motivation-Week 1:
- Pause and send someone a short note of gratitude. Express with kind, professional words how they inspire or educate you so that you can do your job.
- Send a hand written written note, that you post in the mail, to someone who is not affiliated with your job, telling them why you are grateful they are a part of your life.
Taking a small break from the Wednesday grind by thinking about others and sharing a note of gratitude with someone else allows you to reflect and put the week or situation in perspective. Make the day yours, express your gratitude.
“At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.” ~Albert Schweitzer
- Getting Over the Hump (blogerangblog.wordpress.com)
- Why We Love “Hump Day” So Much (nbcmiami.com)
- Guess What Day It Is? (beautifullymisunderstood.com)