Trust should be earned, it is not an inalienable right in any relationship. Even so, the ability to trust others is power. Why? Trust is the motor oil of life. Your quality of life pivots upon the ability to have trusting relationships. Otherwise, what are relationships for?
Rather than live a cautious, suspicious life-learn to trust others upon building a more than instinctual relationship. Get to know the integrity of the person, pay attention to what is important to them to see if there is true compatibility, and wait for the chemistry of trust to materialize. Trust is earned; don’t give away your power.
Some trusting relationships fail, still value the trusted relationships that you have. Although you may feel anger, disappointment for the moment in them and within yourself it does not mean that you lack the ability to form trusting relationships or that all people cannot be trusted. Regain trust, for it is a part of your life force.
You can regain your trust in others by:
- restoring a self-trust, acknowledge the truth that you have a strong ability to trust yourself even when others make mistakes which pain you.
- Look for the truth. You may want to quietly reflect, think deeply and honestly about the present betrayal you feel. Allow your intuition to become your north star guide to resolve the trust issue.
- Remember the good decisions you have made which blossomed your ability to trust. Never linger too long is the valley of doubt. Move past this infraction, restore your ability to trust.
Listening to your intuition will help you determine the right action to take to reestablish your sense of trust. When we have been stung by another person’s lack of honesty, it can be easy to dismiss from our feelings. But, trust requires honesty on both parties. Therefore, you should not bury your emotions and move on as if nothing happened. Instead, evaluate whether the relationship should be restored and how you will proceed or decide the breech signifies a permanent break
Trust yourself and deal with others honestly. Develop and cherish relationships that are built on trust, truth and understanding-this is your lifeline to happiness and success.
- Ten Ways to Cultivate Work Relationships and Grow Trust (psychologytoday.com)
- Fast Advice Of Quotes On Honesty Examined (backyardmedia.org)
- I-Inspire: 7 good ways to build trust in a relationship (eurekaviews.wordpress.com)
- Trust (diaryofthev.wordpress.com)