The path to inner peace is actually simple. Yet, most find it difficult to release old wounds, quiet frustrations, or sidestep stress in order to reach the nirvana of inner peace. When you decide that the past is over and that you can only accept the future, then you can enter the realm of loving peace.
“Full of love for all things in the world, practicing virtue, in order to benefit others, by this man alone is happy.” ~Guatama Buddha (563-483BCE)
Love all things, even challenges that present themselves for your growth. Challenges are teachable moments which intend to re-train old destructive habits and responses into graceful acceptance of what is now present. Life is full of pain, it is how you respond to the impulse of emotional pain that changes the person.
Life is not meant to be a stress rehearsal.
Rather than waltz to stress dis-cords, fill your life with loving, healthy thoughts and experiences. Create a mantra for your life that represents love, joy, and peace and do not allow anything or anyone to violate the love, joy and peace that is integral to your well-being.
It is axiomatic, when you feel good, you share good and that good then expands to heal the world. Life is bestowed upon everyone; make sure you inculcate what is good so that what you expose to others is good.
5 Secrets to Inner Peace
- Pay attention. Really listen, and hear your feelings. Capture peace by attuning your mind to what you are feeling right now. The more attentive you are to your true feelings, the faster you recognize negative energy and can stop stress triggers from invading your intrinsic peace.
- Be still. Activity is over-rated. Stop and smell the evergreens, slow down and notice the beauty around you. Listen to the bees; watch a butterfly graciously wing its flight. Meditate on the things that are joyous and peaceful. Draw a Mandela or walk a labyrinth. Slow your pace, seek tranquility.
- Connect deep. Connect with others, go beyond surface, polite conversation and build a deep loving association with someone in your life. You will likely find that blending your life with another in a non-sexual friendship improves your outlook and resolves the stress inducing shadow of isolation.
- Get involved. Make a life investment in something or someone. Fight apathy. Collaborate with others who seek solutions. Gain courage from your passionate conviction. Share your talent(s) and soon a change movement will gather momentum.
- Love life. The practice of loving life-in spite of turmoil-contributes greatly to inner peace. Bless your life and the lives of others with omniscient love, ever present and ever-lasting. Devote the majority of your energy to loving life, feel the eruption of gratitude. Give thanks, give love. Love your life!
Simplify your emotions so that your soul can breathe.
Light up the world, illumine your inner peace.