This Monday is especially potent in that it is the opening of the Chinese New Year (Chun Jie / 春节 2012) -the year of the Water Dragon- according to the Chinese lunar calendar. The essence of the symmetry of the numerical sequence 1,2,3 on this day that marks the lunar beginning of newness portends for clarifying transformation that can bring order. This order offers a unique time for higher spirituality and evidences of things hoped for in your life.
The water dragon is the only mythical animal in Chinese astrology. It represents strength, vitality and protection; it is known for making dreams come true and according to Feng Shui experts it’s natural element is Wood, which represents action and innovation. For these reasons alone this Monday is powerful, but there is more. 2012 is a Water year, a period of personal growth and deep intuition and conscious wisdom.
This Chinese New Year 2012 ushers in the Water Dragon. Water exerts a calming influence on the Dragon’s innate fire. Water Dragons are more open to other people’s opinions than other Dragons which gives them the ability to channel their personal charisma into real leadership qualities. Together, this means that 2012 is the year of the Water Dragon, which means transformation will be paramount this year.
Here are five tips to maintain focused action and inspire dynamic energy:
- Review your life/goal list. Write out multiple copies and keep them in prominent places all around your surroundings as a reminder of your intentions in 2012. If you have not written a goal list or life list for yourself, stop right now and write a few active steps you will take to transform your life in 2012.
- Practice silence daily. Spend a few minutes every day in silent contemplation. Use this time to “hear and listen.” Make no requests, just tune in to the silence. Acquiesce, feel the wholeness of gratitude in this space of silent mindfulness.
- Create a focus ritual. During the bounty of these water dragon days, focus. Energize your deepest desires with a focus ritual. Your ritual may be to repeat out loud your life/goal list. Or, you may create a mantra that you repeat often to remind you of your intended destiny. Be creative and excited about all that is coming your way this year. If you have a vision board, pause and look at it everyday. Integrate a radiant joy into your ritual, exude excitement for each expectation.
- Clear clutter. This is the year for order, clear away distraction and debris that clog your life. Right now is the time to release and be free; this is the time to clear open pathways to receive exactly what you desire and need in your life. Clean up sordid relationships, get organized, make clear mind moves that remove worry, doubt, fear, and dust away anything in your physical environment (home, office, or outside) that could impede the rhythmic flow of pure joy and potentiality.
- Face your truth. Eliminate any negative chi now. Refuse to carry along danger, despair, or darkness from the past. Face the truth of any lesson and accept the message and move on to a lighter happier inner peace. Chinese experts warn that dark secrets will be exposed during this year if you refuse to relinquish them by letting them go. Face your truth first about your self and your inner being and practice compassionate honesty with others. Live in absolute truth and honor.
Live in wonder, be in awe, appreciate each moment and allow the creative space the experience and share the electricity of being.